Sunday, July 25, 2021

Jacob 2:5 -- On Spiritual Mind-Reading

"But behold, hearken ye unto me, and know that by the help of the all-powerful Creator of heaven and earth I can tell you concerning your thoughts, how that ye are beginning to labor in sin, which sin appeareth very abominable unto me, yea, and abominable unto God."
Jacob 2:5


The idea of the Spirit helping us to discern thought or emotion is an interesting one. I'm not sure it allows anything like being spiritually psychic... I assume that, like moving mountains or parting seas, there has to be a significant and immediate need... but I like that God grants us such a variety of blessings when they are needed.

I think that it is also significant that sin can begin well before action, and that God wants us to catch it there, while it is still in our minds, and snuff it out.

Today, let's take some time to talk to God about our thoughts, and if they aren't ones that we are proud of, let's ask him for help to change and purify them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews