Monday, April 8, 2019

Psalms 25:4-5 -- On Learning from God

"Shew me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths.
Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day."
Psalms 25:4-5


I like these verses both because they are kind of poetic and because I love the idea of God as our teacher.  I think it takes a lot of humility to accept God's instruction, because to do so we have to let go of that very tempting idea of being in charge and knowing best. :)

I like the idea of just focusing on God and nothing else, but of course, along with waiting on God, we have to be anxiously engaged and doing good.  We can't just sit back and let knowledge passively soak into our skulls... we have to take it and apply it to our lives. :)

Today, let's be humble and seek the Lord so that we can learn from him.  Let's reach out and be willing to do what the Lord asks, as well as creatively seeking to do his will by taking the initiative to make the world better and lifting the people around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews