Tuesday, October 30, 2018

2 Corinthians 7:4 -- On Comfort, Joy, and Tribulation

"Great is my boldness of speech toward you, great is my glorying of you: I am filled with comfort, I am exceeding joyful in all our tribulation."
2 Corinthians 7:4


I like this idea of feeling comfort and joy in the middle of  tribulation.  I think some of that is clearly because of shared experience, feeling like he has friends that support him in his trials, but ultimately even this friendship is attributed to God.  As it says two verses after this, "God, that comforteth those that are cast down, comforted us by the coming of Titus" (verse 6).

As we learn in John 14:18, God will not leave us comfortless.  He works in many ways to help us, sometimes through other people, and sometimes just by helping us adjust and change our hearts so that we can bear up our burdens with ease.

Today, let's go to God in our distress and let him teach us joy and comfort in the midst of our tribulation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews