Saturday, January 6, 2018

Ezekiel 34:11-12 -- On Seeking and Finding

"For thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I, even I, will both search my sheep, and seek them out.
As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day."
Ezekiel 34:11-12


I love these verses because they show the personal interest that God takes in caring for us.  He doesn't just delegate it to someone else, and he doesn't only care about reaching most of the flock... he cares about every single individual, and he seeks each of us out.

On one level maybe it raises our hackles because we are being compared to sheep, and we want to think that we are big and independent and grown up, but honestly, compared to God we really are children, and I think that the analogy is meant to be comforting, indicating that God won't leave us lost.

Today, let's be grateful that someone, especially God, is willing to search us out to gather and to save.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews