Friday, September 2, 2016

John 12:46-48 -- On Fleeing the Darkness

"I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day."
John 12:46-48


I love the thought that Christ's mission and purpose is to save us from darkness.  His goal isn't to judge us, but to save us.  In the end, the gospel will judge us, because we'll see ourselves in comparison to it.

God won't force us to leave the darkness, but he does everything but.  He gives us himself as the Light to follow.  He sets up his gospel with clear rules and guidelines for repentance and progress.  He invites, and pleads, with us to accept his gift.

Today, let's choose to accept his grace.  Let's repent and change.  Let's become the good people that he is giving us space to be.  Let's spread light, and flee from the darkness. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews