Saturday, September 27, 2014

Psalms 119:41-45 -- On Seeking God's Precepts

"Let thy mercies come also unto me, O Lord, even thy salvation, according to thy word.
So shall I have wherewith to answer him that reproacheth me: for I trust in thy word.
And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth; for I have hoped in thy judgments.
So shall I keep thy law continually for ever and ever.
And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts."
Psalms 119:41-45


I like this because it touches on a lot of really great ideas: mercy, salvation, faith, truth, hope, obedience, liberty.  And despite the fact that sometimes people do reproach us, we hang on to all of these ideas and seek God, not because he forces us, but by our own choice and freedom.  We seek truth.  We believe in hope and mercy and truth through God's word.
Today, let's pray for mercy and salvation.  Let's be obedient to God's precepts and learn all we can from him, no matter what others think.  Let's choose God, and seek all the good things that he offers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews