Thursday, May 29, 2014

Moses 1:9-11 -- On Changing for God

"And the presence of God withdrew from Moses, that his glory was not upon Moses; and Moses was left unto himself. And as he was left unto himself, he fell unto the earth.
And it came to pass that it was for the space of many hours before Moses did again receive his natural strength like unto man; and he said unto himself: Now, for this cause I know that man is nothing, which thing I never had supposed.
But now mine own eyes have beheld God; but not my natural, but my spiritual eyes, for my natural eyes could not have beheld; for I should have withered and died in his presence; but his glory was upon me; and I beheld his face, for I was transfigured before him."
Moses 1:9-11


I think this is a good reminder of the difference between ourselves and God.  By comparison, Moses has a point... we are nothing.  That isn't to say that God considers us nothing.  He knows that we have tremendous potential, because he made us, and he is our Father.  But we need to remember that it is potential and not like God, who is fully realized Everything.  He's so much cooler than we are that if we stood in his presence in our regular bodies, we'd die.  Just to look at him, he has to help us by transfiguring us into something that can withstand his presence.
I think in a literal and also a symbolic way, we fall to the earth without the Lord.  We need his presence to sustain us and help us just cope with normal things, like being able to stand. :)  Let's turn to him and let him help us change, so we can do more, be more, and see more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews