Thursday, March 21, 2013

Jeremiah 29:13 -- On Seeking and Hiding

"And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart."
Jeremiah 29:13


This struck me today because I think that often we try to connect with God in a really half-hearted manner.  We're not putting everything into it, because we're so many other places mentally and emotionally.  Unless we're really desperate, we rarely take the time to really pour out our hearts to him.  ... and that makes sense.  It is hard to be that authentic and vulnerable all the time.  Living in this society, we've learned to hide our hearts pretty well, and to protect ourselves by functioning a little more shallowly in our everyday lives.  I think that God understands why... but the thing is, this verse is still true. 

We won't be able to get that true connection with God unless we're able to let down some of those walls with him.  So, today, let's work on putting our whole selves into our prayers.  Letting God see it all.  He is God, after all.  No point in hiding anything from him.  And he is the safest person to be authentic with anyway.  He knows how to get us out of our self-made jams better than anyone. :)  As we search for God today, with all of our hearts, we will find him, and he will help us find our way.

2 comments:

  1. I truly value this superb post that you have accommodated us. I guarantee this would be helpful for a large portion of the general population. Jeremiah 29 13

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed 100%. I read further on this scripture and learnt through Gods grace, He allows us to find Him too. He helps us.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews