Friday, February 15, 2013

3 Nephi 16:1-3

"And verily, verily, I say unto you that I have other sheep, which are not of this land, neither of the land of Jerusalem, neither in any parts of that land round about whither I have been to minister.
For they of whom I speak are they who have not as yet heard my voice; neither have I at any time manifested myself unto them.
But I have received a commandment of the Father that I shall go unto them, and that they shall hear my voice, and shall be numbered among my sheep, that there may be one fold and one shepherd; therefore I go to show myself unto them."
3 Nephi 16:1-3


I think it is so cool that God wanted to make sure that everyone got the truth of the gospel.  He didn't just appear in one place and expect the word to spread worldwide... he appeared after his resurrection in two very geographically diverse places that we know of, and according to these verses, he went at least one more place. :)  Where that place is, I have no idea, but I think it is something cool to look forward to and realize that we'll probably have another record of Christ visiting his people someday.  It would be so cool to read that account.  So new, yet so familiar.  God, confirming his truth and his gospel from yet another direction. :)  New scripture stories. :)  ... I hope that we will be ready for it.  Today, let's remember that there are things that God still has to show us. :)  Let's keep our minds and our hearts open to him, and learn all we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews