Sunday, December 30, 2012

Philippians 4:11-13

"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."
Philippians 4:11-13


These are some interesting verses, and in reading them today, they seem to comment specifically about life. :) ... This is the goal, right?--to be content and capable, no matter what. i think we're pretty good at being content when things are going well. And we're probably fairly good at being full, and at abounding, when we are lucky enough to be at those points in our lives. I'm guessing, though, that we are not quite as good at being abased, or being hungry, or suffering need. Now, to be clear, I am not saying that we've never experienced the bad parts of life... only that we don't always handle them very well. We usually only want the luxurious parts, and we get whiny and grumpy when things aren't as nice and comfortable. ... But, like Paul, we probably need to learn how to be good, Christlike people even when the bad parts come... to be our best selves, even when we're having a "bad day." I definitely need to work on this, and today, I invite you to join me in working on being content and consistently good people, no matter how crazy the things around us get. I know that Christ will strengthen us and help us to handle any challenge we face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews