Monday, April 23, 2012

Enos 1:27

"And I soon go to the place of my rest, which is with my Redeemer; for I know that in him I shall rest. And I rejoice in the day when my mortal shall put on immortality, and shall stand before him; then shall I see his face with pleasure, and he will say unto me: Come unto me, ye blessed, there is a place prepared for you in the mansions of my Father. Amen."
Enos 1:27


Enos, here, is talking about getting old and dying soon.  And today it struck me as such a peaceful and almost triumphant time for him, when for us, standing on the other side and watching someone die, it seems like such a tragedy.  And maybe it is sometimes, in some ways... but the idea of death being an entrance into another life, into rest and reunion with God... and looking forward to the judgement day rather than fearing it... I read this from Enos, and I know that I want my death to be like that.  So, how do we live today so that at the end of our lives we can feel like that?  In the verse previous to this, part of what Enos says is that he has rejoiced in the truth that is in Christ above that of the world.  I love that... and I wonder how often we rejoice in, or even present that truth to other people.  Is God enough a part of us that the people around us know who we are in relation to him?  Is our religion part of who we are?  Is it the most important part?  Do we put God off because we are busy with other things, or do we put other things off because we are busy with God?  Today, let's work on making God our top priority in life... and maybe we'll be able to look forward to the same amazing entrance to the afterlife that Enos had. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews