Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Psalms 13:1-2

"How long wilt thou forget me, O Lord? for ever? how long wilt thou hide thy face from me?
How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily? how long shall mine enemy be exalted over me?"
Psalms 13:1-2


I think that we all go through times in our lives where we ask these questions... where we wonder how long we have to deal with suffering or sorrow or persecution, or whatever else is really affecting us as we live our lives. We look up at heaven and say "enough already!" And I think it is quite normal to want to skip through the sad parts and get to the happy parts of the story. It's all about timing, and even though we think that we've reached our endurance limit sometimes, God shows us that we're stronger than that. Or makes us stronger, through the sad times. We can't see the end, or the next chapter, or even the next paragraph... but just like this psalm, which starts out with the verses above and ends with "I will sing unto the Lord because he hath dealt bountifully with me," things get better. Today, let's trust in the Lord's timing, and remember that wherever we are, no matter how stuck we feel in a Greek tragedy, a different ending is always possible. With God, we get to choose the genre. Things do get better... those last chapters are the best. Let's hang in there and keep turning the pages with hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews