Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Hebrews 8:10-11

"For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest."
Hebrews 8:10-11


Someday, we won't be teaching each other about God, because everyone will know him individually. Just the thought of that fills the immensities of space with possibility. Can we even begin to imagine that world? Think of what we could build if we were all building on the same foundation. :) ... If everyone believed in God, and knew him well, maybe we could start having some of those parting the sea and walking on the water classes... learning the application of faith so much more in daily life. Instead of having conversations that fall apart because you don't have the same foundation, and have to keep retreating until you find a common place from which to build, it seems like conversations could go so much farther into fascinating places.
I like the idea here of God putting his laws into our minds and hearts. Right now I think we still have to get there, through reading and studying the scriptures, but perhaps it is the same effect if we have the spirit with us all the time, and we're learning that actively. Definitely something to work on, to get as close to this as possible.
The other thing that I think is cool here is "I will be to them a God, and they will be to me a people." ... I think of Christ's life, and how many people rejected him because he lived as a normal person to a large extent, and didn't appear out of the clouds in power and glory. Maybe this is saying that next time, our relationship will be more obvious and easier to accept. ... Not that we can just sit back and count on this happening tomorrow. :) Today, let's look forward to this, but also do what we can to make it true in our lives now. Let's drink in God's law, and etch it into our minds and hearts. Let's build a relationship with the Lord and know him, so that we can get past those basic building blocks and start improving ourselves and the world further.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews