Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Zechariah 1:3 -- On Turning Unto God

"Therefore say thou unto them, Thus saith the Lord of hosts; Turn ye unto me, saith the Lord of hosts, and I will turn unto you, saith the Lord of hosts."
Zechariah 1:3


This is an interesting verse and it comes to people whose parents the Lord hadn't been pleased with... so they may not have learned how to have a relationship with the Lord.  So maybe this part is one of the basics. Turn unto me, and I will turn unto you. It reminds me of some other scriptures... ask and ye shall receive, knock and it shall be opened, or "as much as ye shall put your trust in God even so much shall ye be delivered." It's a basic early lesson in relationship building with God. Turn, trust, have faith... take those steps towards me, and I'll be there.

Maybe we forget some of these basic lessons sometimes. Whatever direction we're facing today, let's try turning a little more toward God... and watch and see God's response. He is there, willing to help and bless us, and will respond to the smallest efforts on our part... and the largest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews