Sunday, September 14, 2008

Doctrine and Covenants 29:7

"And ye are called to bring to pass the gathering of mine elect; for mine elect hear my voice and harden not their hearts;"
Doctrine and Covenants 29:7


I like this... someone quoted it in Sacrament meeting today, and I was thinking about it, and you know... the "elect" always sounds like this elite club where probably Moses and all the cool prophets go to hang out... they are the elect, but me... er... not sure about that.  I'm just average joe mormon: trying, but not always doing everything right.  But as I was thinking about the verse, and looking it up, and reading it, it kind of seemed to me a little more accessible than some of the other "elect" scriptures... because, in a way, it tells us how to be one of the elect, doesn't it?  It says that the elect hear God's voice, and they harden not their hearts.  So... if we *do* that... then, hey... maybe we get to be elect too. :)  Seems like a pretty good deal.  And, if we read the rest of this section, elect sounds like exactly what we want to be.  So, today, let's work on hearing, and not hardening our hearts... if we practice enough, maybe we could all be elect together. :)  How cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews