Sunday, July 6, 2008

Job 28:28

"And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding."
Job 28:28


I like the "to depart from evil is understanding" part because it reminds me that *action* is part of the learning process.  I can study and gain a lot of things intellectually, but until I put it into practice, my learning isn't complete.  We can't just think about what is good and what is evil, we have to do it.  And I'm not sure that fear means horror-movie fright, but perhaps a healthy respect for the superiority of the Lord.  Recognizing that he is in charge, and if we ignore him, there will be unfortunate consequences. ... Most of all though, I just like the idea that as we depart from evil we gain understanding.  We don't get much understanding in the midst of evil... but when we leave, we see so many things that we never had before, and our minds become clearer, and the light starts driving away the vestiges of the darkness.  You learn a lot as you take action to get out of evil situations.  So, today, if we're wallowing in some evil, let's get out.  And if we're not... let's recognize the beauty and clarity of the day, and remember not to fall back in. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews