Thursday, January 15, 2004

Alma 36:30

"But behold, my son, this is not all; for ye ought to know as I do know, that inasmuch as ye shall keep the commandments of God ye shall prosper in the land; and ye ought to know also, that inasmuch as ye will not keep the commandments of God ye shall be cut off from his presence. Now this is according to his word."
Alma 36:30


I like this scripture... it seems that it is telling us that how things go in our lives is DIRECTLY relational to how well we are keeping the commandments.  ... I think this is true, for the most part. I'm not saying that people die or earthquakes happen because I did something bad, but I do know that my life goes much, much, much better when I am listening to the Lord and doing the things that are pleasing to him.  It could be a lot of things... my attitude, my patience, my self-esteem, etc.  Whatever it is, though... it works.  So, today, remember this scripture and test it out for yourself.  Be obedient, and your day will go better.  Promise. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews