Thursday, October 31, 2002

2 Nephi 29:11

"For I command all men, both in the east and in the west, and in the north, and in the south, and in the islands of the sea, that they shall write the words which I shall speak unto them; for out of the books which shall be written I will judge the world, every man according to their works, according to that which is written."
2 Nephi 29:11


You know I used to think about this scripture and figure that I'd better be careful what I wrote. :)  ... Today though, I think I see a more interesting, if not better, meaning. :)  This verse seems to tell me that the Lord is nothing if not absolutely up front with us.  He isn't going to judge us by looking at us and saying... "hmm, well... you have good attendance, so I'll let you slide with an A- rather than a B."  He's actually going to judge us by specific standards that he has already laid out clearly in the book that is readily available to each of us.  He's going to compare our actions to the actions that he talks about in the book.  And perhaps each person will be compared against the book(s) that he or she knows about from his or her own nation...  Good deal... and very fair. :)  The thing is, we might want to start reading the book(s) a *little* more often...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews