Friday, August 31, 2001

Acts 10:34-35

"Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him."
Acts 10:34-35


God talks to people anywhere who seek him.  You don't have to be a member of the church, and you don't have to be some particular race or social class... or gender, for that matter.  You just have to truly seek God, and his will.  Doesn't mean that the church isn't true... in this story God sent people who were from another nation to seek the prophet so that they could be baptized.  Authority we have... but we don't have the truth locked up in a drawer where no one else can get at it.  There is truth all around us... everywhere we go, every person we talk to, every situation we are in... there is something to be learned, some truth to be gained.  I remember on my mission talking to a woman... she was SO good, so pure... she believed with her whole heart and soul in Christ, and I was sitting there thinking to myself... how can I even *dream* of teaching this woman anything?  She wasn't in the church, but she had a more powerful testimony than I did, by far, of Christ.  And, you know... I *did* have something to offer her... but she had something to offer me as well.  It surprises me to hear stories about how some Mormon families won't even let their children *play* with little non-Mormon kids.  As though they are automatically evil by non-association. :)  We aren't supposed to be out there building more *barriers*... aren't there enough of those?  Today, let's try to break some of them down.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews