Thursday, January 25, 2001

Isaiah 43:25-26 -- On Pleading and Forgetting

"I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.
Put me in remembrance: let us plead together: declare thou, that thou mayest be justified."
Isaiah 43:25-26


You know, this is amazing to me... God will not remember our sins. Now... God knows *everything* ... right? So, if there is something that HE doesn't remember-- doesn't that mean that it doesn't exist? I think I have mentioned this before, but it still floors me. Also, God shows here that he is our best friend in the universe. Pleading with us, literally begging us to come back... to remember him, to work it out. He wants us to be justified, and he pleads with us to please do what it takes.

The whole idea brings to my mind a woman, pleading with her husband to please stop drinking, go to rehab... overcome the addiction. the love that they have is precious, their family could be such an amazing thing... if only he can say that he is willing to get help. This is God, pleading with us... Sin addicts... to please, please stop the self-destruction. He'll forgive us, he'll erase the sins... but we *have* to get help. We have to stop the cycle... or, like the woman, he'll have to distance himself and watch the eventual melt-down with sorrow from afar. We, like the woman's husband... have free agency. Maybe we like to drink. Maybe it helps us to escape the sorrow of a lost child, or the injustices of daily life... but as long as we choose to be trapped in the cycle, others can offer only limited help. We have to start loving our wives more than the bottle... God more than the sin. If not, at the end of our lives we wind up with a divorce and a hangover... and nothing else. We don't even want to extrapolate that one out in terms of eternity. Ugh.

Today, Let's listen to God's pleadings. Remember him, plead together. Admit we're addicts, and get some help. :)  As we do, we can *all* forget the past, because it will be behind us, and we can face the future with hope.

2 comments:

  1. I love how you explained this. It's a great way to help people like myself to understand the word of God better, and yes he does please with us every day to get it right to come back to him to let him love on us to let him help us to let him deliver Us to let him save us and most of all to let him anoint us as one of his children. Thank you ever so much for this encouragement I will continue to read it over and over until it's in my spirit that's things in our lives can be an addiction it doesn't have to be alcohol or drugs but it can be sex it can be a man it can be a woman it can be things material things so thank you so much for helping with this scripture blessings in Jesus name amen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it, and I agree... it can my anyone with any addiction. Sin hurts people, and God wants to save all of us.

      Delete

Total Pageviews